We all have days where we are extremely productive and days where we do not get as much work done as possible. Normally, we tend to have more of the latter compared to the former. The fact of the matter is that we all have a limited time on this planet. It is imperative to maximize the time we have here. Therefore, lets discuss four practical ways that you can increase your productivity from today itself
1. About 2 months ago, I downloaded this app from the play store called Tasks and it has honestly improved my productivity by a significant margin. Tasks basically allows you to write down in bullet points everything that you need to complete within a day. For example, every morning, when I wake up, I write down my list of tasks that I need to complete during the day related to my business and personal life. As the day progresses, I keep ticking the tasks off and at the end of the day, when you tick that last task off, the high you feel is incredible. I recommend Tasks because of it has an easy to use interface and you can build sub lists within a list as well. Here is a link to the app for android users: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tasks.android&hl=en .
2. Find a work-break routine that works for you. A lot of research has been done as to what is the right balance. Some say you should work in 30 minute intervals of 5 minute breaks in between while others say 45 minutes with 10 minute breaks in between. Honestly, the only way to know what works for you is to experiment with different times and see what suits you. For example, I have seen that working in 40-minute blocks with 10-minute breaks in between works for me. However, each person’s capacity is different. Therefore, experiment and find what is right for you.
3. Use an app like Forest which basically allows you to lock your phone for a specific amount of time so that you can only use the app forest itself and no other apps. This was a highly effective tool especially when I am in university and had to get something done without getting distracted by my phone all the time. It is extremely easy to use and I would highly recommend it. Here is a link to their website with more information: https://www.forestapp.cc/
4. If you know there are certain things that you procrastinate with as the day progresses, then try and get them done in the morning before work or school. For example, when I push going to the gym for later in the evening, I tend to have more and more excuses as the day progresses. If I get the gym over with, early in the morning before my work, first of all, I feel better and second of all, I do not have any excuses to make as the day progresses.
You can’t completely stop wasting time but I hope that these 4 practical methods will at least minimize the time we waste on unnecessary activities and maximize our time to achieve our dreams and aspirations
- Devesh Tilokani, Founder & CEO
Share this with someone to pass on the wisdom and help someone else improve in their journey!